Saturday, September 4, 2010

redo.

So about a month ago when Jeff and I moved down to cedar my darling aunt gave us an old kitchen table, because we didn't have one for our cute little apartment!


It was a beautiful solid black table, but it had been used as a outside/backyard table for the past few years so it had some pretty bad sun/water/everything weather damage to it.


I loved it black and had planned on just sanding off the old pealing paint and then repainting it black again but as I was searching for websites on how to redo tables I came across this super cute blog!! (<--- click there to go check out the super cute blog!)


While I was reading pretty much every post she had written I came across this table she had redone and I fell IN LOVE with it!!! Seriously.


Well trying to be adventerous, I decided to take a chance and try to paint my table just like the table I saw on this blog!!



I started out with buying all the supplies I needed, ended up spending about 27 dollars on the paint for the chairs, and 31 dollars for the paint for the table. But some of the stuff I bought can be used again for my future products.

THE BEFORE:



THE MIDDLE:



THE AFTER:

I was going for an old vintage look :)

A HUGE THANK YOU TO TAMI FOR ALL OF HER SUGGESTIONS AND ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS!!! :)

3 comments: