Wednesday, August 4, 2010

adventure.

So last Wednesday Jeff went into work only to find out that the company he worked for had been spending more money than they actually had and they were closing down the whole shop, and were laying everyone off.

When Jeff first came home and told me I was very worried and scared about what we were going to do, and what was going to happen. But after thinking about it and praying that we would figure out what to do I realized that things were not as bad as I was making them out to be in my head.

Jeff and I have been ready to move for a while but the only thing keeping us here was his job. So this was actually okay. We finally had nothing holding us back from moving on.

At first we thought that we would move to Heber because my darling friend Deidre helped both of us find jobs, and we could pretty much just move and continue on with life.

But after fasting and lots of praying we both felt like we needed to be in cedar city. So this past weekend we headed down to southern Utah to hangout with some family and then find us a new apartment to move into this weekend! Crazy, I know!

I had looked up lots of different apartments on Craigslist and KSL and so we slowly starting going down our list one by one and touring them, pretty much all the ones we found we were not very crazy about and they were all pretty ugly to be totally honest. But we were at an apartment and the lady was giving us the tour and i really didn't like the apartment and after the tour she told us that she had another apartment with one space left and offered to show us.

It was 525 a month and Jeff and I had decided to try and stay under 500 so at first I didn't wanna go and look but we did and right when we walked into the house we both knew that this was where we needed to live. There are a few things I'm not totally crazy about, but over all I love the house :)

She even said that if we would just pick up around the apartment, like pull weeds and pick up trash that she would take it down to 475, Bonus! We asked her to hold onto it and we would call her back that night, but it only took us about a half an hour to decided that it was the one.

So now we are back in Ephraim and packing up all of our stuff. It's pretty stressful because we only have 4 days to pack up and clean everything! But I am very very excited for this new adventure we are about to start!

[Here are some pictures of our new apartment, I took them with my cell phone so sorry they are not that great!]





{yes i know it's weird but my whole life i have wanted closet doors like this lol}

2 comments:

  1. it looks great mckenna! :) i'm so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting for you!! I am glad that everything just fell in place for you.

    ReplyDelete